April 12, 2019
Trigger warning, this episode touches on suicide and suicidal ideation. There are some mentions of graphic attempts and successes.
If you experience suicidal thoughts and ideation and need someone to talk to, please call:
- KidsHelpPhone Ages 20 Years and Under in Canada 1-800-668-6868
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness 24/7 Help Line 1-855-242-3310
- Canadian Indian Residential Schools Crisis Line 1-866-925-4419
- Trans LifeLine – All Ages 1-877-330-6366
- Alberta Crisis Line – All Ages 403-266-4357
- British Columbia Crisis Line – All Ages 1-800-SUICIDE
- British Columbia Mental Health Support 310-6789
- BC211 – Referral Hotline 24/7 Dial 211
- Manitoba Crisis Line – All Ages 1-877-435-7170
- New Brunswick Crisis Line – All Ages 1-800-667-5005
- Newfoundland and Labrador Line All Ages 1-888-737-4668
- NWT All Ages 24/7 1-800-661-0844
- Nova Scotia Crisis Line – All Ages 1-888-429-8167
- Nunavut Line – All Ages 7 pm-11 pm (EST) 1-800-265-3333
- Ontario Crisis Line – All Ages 1-866-531-2600
- Ontario College and University Students 1-866-925-5454
- Prince Edward Island Crisis Line – All Ages 1-800-218-2885
- Quebec National Crisis Line – All Ages 1-866-277-3553
- Saskatchewan Crisis Line – All Ages 1-306-525-5333
- Yukon Crisis Line – All Ages 7 pm-12 am (PST) 1-844-533-3030
If you need to take yourself to emerg, please call:
April 5, 2019
Impulse control is often associated with ADHD.
Moreover, alcohol abuse is common among people with ADHD. For more information, check out this article.
Trigger warning, this episode touches on alcohol abuse and suicidal ideation.
March 29, 2019
This week we sit down to find out what it's like to do chores while living with ADHD.
March 22, 2019
This week we find out what it's like to maintain relationships while living with ADHD.
March 15, 2019
In today's episode we sit down with Michau and find out what it is like being autistic in a province that is currently cutting funding and support to his community.
March 8, 2019
For this weeks episode, my good friend Renee joins us to talk about what her life is like with autism. She is a rather interesting character and I love her to bits.
March 1, 2019
In today's episode, we sit with Rachel and talk about the supports in place for people with disabilities to find employment.
February 22, 2019
In today's episode, we talk with Dani, Andria and Kat about their challenges with the job market while living with ADHD.
According to the Centre for ADHD Awareness Canada [CADDAC], adults with ADHD are less likely to obtain full-time employment; resulting in lower household income.
Reports show those with childhood ADHD to have reduced earnings in adult life by roughly 33 percent. The loss of workplace productivity is reason why Canada loses an estimated $6 billion to $11 billion annually.
CADDAC estimates that untreated ADHD costs the Canadian economy 12 million days of work and $600 million in accumulated taxes.
February 15, 2019
From CBD oil to being followed around school, we talk about the myths and misconceptions that revolve around ADHD.
February 8, 2019
Catching up where we left off last week, we hear from Andrea and Dani what it was like to get their first F.