Growing up I always struggled with social interactions. Turns out, I'm not much better as an adult.
Maddy and I discuss the issue of mental health in a capitalist world.
Catching up where we left off, B and I talk about fitting in, the education system as a whole and our concerns with our current government.
In this episode I share my struggles with alcohol and drug use and how I started focusing my life towards harm reduction.
Click here to find out where to get more information on harm reduction practices and tools.
Trigger warning, this episode touches on suicide and suicidal ideation. There are some mentions of graphic attempts and successes.
If you experience suicidal thoughts and ideation and need someone to talk to, please call:
- KidsHelpPhone Ages 20 Years and Under in Canada 1-800-668-6868
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness 24/7 Help Line 1-855-242-3310
- Canadian Indian Residential Schools Crisis Line 1-866-925-4419
- Trans LifeLine – All Ages 1-877-330-6366
- Alberta Crisis Line – All Ages 403-266-4357
- British Columbia Crisis Line – All Ages 1-800-SUICIDE
- British Columbia Mental Health Support 310-6789
- BC211 – Referral Hotline 24/7 Dial 211
- Manitoba Crisis Line – All Ages 1-877-435-7170
- New Brunswick Crisis Line – All Ages 1-800-667-5005
- Newfoundland and Labrador Line All Ages 1-888-737-4668
- NWT All Ages 24/7 1-800-661-0844
- Nova Scotia Crisis Line – All Ages 1-888-429-8167
- Nunavut Line – All Ages 7 pm-11 pm (EST) 1-800-265-3333
- Ontario Crisis Line – All Ages 1-866-531-2600
- Ontario College and University Students 1-866-925-5454
- Prince Edward Island Crisis Line – All Ages 1-800-218-2885
- Quebec National Crisis Line – All Ages 1-866-277-3553
- Saskatchewan Crisis Line – All Ages 1-306-525-5333
- Yukon Crisis Line – All Ages 7 pm-12 am (PST) 1-844-533-3030
If you need to take yourself to emerg, please call:
- Gerstein Centre 24 hour Crisis Line: 416-929-5200
- Gerstein Centre TTY 24 hours: 416-929-9647
- CAMH 416 535-8501
Impulse control is often associated with ADHD.
Moreover, alcohol abuse is common among people with ADHD. For more information, check out this article.
Trigger warning, this episode touches on alcohol abuse and suicidal ideation.
This week we sit down to find out what it's like to do chores while living with ADHD.
This week we find out what it's like to maintain relationships while living with ADHD.
For this weeks episode, my good friend Renee joins us to talk about what her life is like with autism. She is a rather interesting character and I love her to bits.